As our WordPress Developer (Working Student) you are responsible for working on our existing products and keeping it running, implementing new features, fixing bugs and bringing in new ideas. We prefer a hybrid model of working remotely and in our office.
- 💰 Salary: 16 EUR per hour
- ⏰ Working hours: Up to 20 hours per week. Work flexible, as it fits your schedule.
- 📍 Location: Hybrid (Remote + Office in Walldorf, near Heidelberg).
fdmedia is a digital agency, specialized in building online software, platforms, and communities. The company is originally based in Germany and run by Florian and his remote team from all over the world.
Therefore, we are looking for a reliable addition to our team. We plan to use you exclusively for one of our own projects.
- Working on one of our flagship products (no client work)
- Fixing bugs and implementing improvements received on GitHub and Customer Support
- Coding and testing new product features
- Communication with the team regarding new features, testing and support requests
Who You Are
- You are enrolled at a German university and studying something IT related.
- You are reliable. We grant you great freedom; in return, you are a doer with a high degree of self-initiative. 🙌
- You plan work, code, implement and test. Quite naturally.🧑💻
- You don’t mind working on big tasks as well as small ones; sometimes ad hoc, sometimes well planned.🚢
- You communicate well with your team and keep us up to date. We are convinced that feedback is important. In a team that is spread around the world, communication is essential, not only to move projects forward, but also to be in touch with each other. Not to be a lone wolf! 🐺
- You have the desire and the stamina to expand your skills. In short: to grow! “Carpe Diem” is not just a phrase.📈
- You are proud of your work! And this is not only evident in the quality of your work, but also in the fact that you enjoy it – at least most of the time – and that you handle it like an art. Sounds exaggerated? We are strong advocates of self-interest. What gives you pleasure somehow becomes good!🤩
- You are a team player who enjoys working with and helping other developers and QA. We speak openly, and therefore you don’t take well-intentioned critical feedback personally!🙏
- You like to work in the frontend and backend! Both are related to each other and are therefore, you know; indispensable. 💪
- First experience with WordPress theme and plugin development, architecture and standards.
- Experience with PHP and somehow knowledge of MySQL.
- In the best case, experience with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Maybe worked with third-party APIs already.
- Used version control through git and GitHub in the past.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Keep it lean! You can keep complex ideas simple.
- You can communicate well in English (written).
What You’d Become Part Of
- We are a young team working together remotely, all aiming to provide best value and great service to our customers and consistently improving our products and services.
- Communication in our team is friendly, respectful and honest.
- We communicate via Slack, where everyone has the same opportunity to contact each other, ask questions and seek support
- Our hierarchies are very flat and consist largely of freelancers. We all aim to cooperate and support each other to bring fdmedia forward
- Regular update chats are important to keep our team connected and focus on the same goals
- We use Basecamp to organize our tasks to make sure everyone is up-to-date and knows what the next steps are
- We value reliability and honesty as well as being on time for calls and deadlines
- We will provide access to tools as well as test environments that you might need to carry out your work, but we expect you to have your own computer and fast internet
- Most of the team works remotely, but you can also come to our office located in Walldorf (Germany). We are also free with our working hours as long as the work is completed on time.
- Each of us has the chance to develop, grow and contribute their own skills and strengths.
You will be hired as a working student to work up to 20 hours per week, being paid with 16 EUR per hour. The schedule can be flexible, according to your timetable.
We prefer a hybrid model of working remotely and in our office in Walldorf (near Heidelberg, Germany).
By working with fdmedia, you have the opportunity to become part of a modern, consistently growing company and a great team, that provides high-quality online software, platforms, and communities.
How to Apply
If our description fits you, and you’d like to become part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Just fill out the form below.
Depending on how many applications we receive, it may take a while before we get back to you. However, we will do our best to respond to each one.