As our WordPress Developer you are responsible for working on our existing products and keeping it running, implementing new features, fixing bugs and bringing in new ideas. We want you to work on our flagship WordPress plugin. You can work remotely from wherever you like.
fdmedia is a digital agency, specialized in building online software, platforms, and communities. The company is originally based in Germany and run by Florian and his remote team from all over the world.
Therefore, we are looking for a reliable addition to our team, ideally in a permanent position (both part- and full-time is possible, learn more in the “What You’d Become Part Of” section). We plan to use you exclusively for our flagship product; our popular Amazon WordPress plugin.
- Working on one of our flagship products: our most popular WordPress Plugin
- Fixing bugs and implementing improvements received on GitHub and Help Scout
- Coding and testing new product features
- Communication with the team regarding new features, testing and support requests
Who You Are
- You are reliable. We grant you great freedom; in return, you are a doer with a high degree of self-initiative. 🙌
- You plan work, code, implement and test. Quite naturally.🧑💻
- You don't mind working on big tasks as well as small ones; sometimes ad hoc, sometimes well planned.🚢
- You communicate well with your team and keep us up to date. We are convinced that feedback is important. In a team that is spread around the world, communication is essential, not only to move projects forward, but also to be in touch with each other. Not to be a lone wolf! 🐺
- You have the desire and the stamina to expand your skills. In short: to grow! “Carpe Diem” is not just a phrase.📈
- You are proud of your work! And this is not only evident in the quality of your work, but also in the fact that you enjoy it – at least most of the time – and that you handle it like an art. Sounds exaggerated? We are strong advocates of self-interest. What gives you pleasure somehow becomes good!🤩
- You are a team player who enjoys working with and helping other developers and QA. We speak openly, and therefore you don't take well-intentioned critical feedback personally!🙏
- You like to work in the frontend and backend! Both are related to each other and are therefore, you know; indispensable. You have everything you need to know to develop a WordPress plugin.💪
- Outstanding experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture and standards.
- Professionalism and high experience with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like webpack.
- Experience with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Ability of working with third-party APIs.
- Git? Even in your sleep! Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Great troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Keep it lean! You are able to keep complex ideas simple.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Availability to participate in Slack meetings between the hours 9 am – 5 pm UTC.
What You’d Become Part Of
- We are a young team working together remotely, all aiming to provide best value and great service to our customers and consistently improving our products and services
- Communication in our team is friendly, respectful and honest
- We communicate via Slack, where everyone has the same opportunity to contact each other, ask questions and seek support
- Our hierarchies are very flat and consist largely of freelancers. We all aim to cooperate and support each other in order to bring fdmedia forward
- Regular update chats are important to keep our team connected and focus on the same goals
- We use ClickUp to organize our tasks to make sure everyone is up-to-date and knows what the next steps are
- We value reliability and honesty as well as being on time for calls and deadlines
- We will provide access to tools as well as test environments that you might need to carry out your work, but we expect you to have your own computer and fast internet
- Since we all work remotely, there is no office space – we all work from home and on the road. We are also free with our working hours as long as the work is completed on time
- Each of us has the chance to develop, grow and contribute their own skills and strengths.
Regarding the type of employment we ideally are looking for a full-time permanent addition to our team, but we are also up for part-time or freelance support, if everything else fits perfectly. You can choose one or more preferred type of employments in the form below.
By working with fdmedia, you have the opportunity to become part of a modern, consitently growing company and a great team, that provides high-quality online software, platforms, and communities.
How to Apply
If our description fits you and you’d like to become part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Just fill out the form below.
Depending on how many applications we receive, it may take a while before we get back to you. However, we will do our best to respond to each one.